Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Why I Write

We read a poem in class today about writing called “Why I Write” by Terry Tempest Williams. I selected the parts of his piece that I most relate to about why I personally write. Like Terry Tempest Williams, “I write to make peace with the things I cannot control….I write because it creates my composure…I write to the questions that shatter my sleep. I write to the answers that make me complacent. I write to remember…I write because it allows me to confront that which I do not know…I write to soothe the voices shouting inside me, outside me, all around me…I write because it is the way I take long walks…I write out of my inconsistencies. I write with the colors of memory. I write as a witness to what I have seen…I write knowing words always fall short”.

No comments:

Post a Comment